eThekwini is one of the 11 districts of KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. The majority of its 3,442,361 people speak Zulu.
eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality.
What district does Durban fall under
eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality is a metropolitan municipality created in 2000, that includes the city of Durban, South Africa and surrounding towns. eThekwini is one of the 11 districts of KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa.
How many districts are there in Durban
10 district municipalities
KwaZulu-Natal is divided into one metropolitan municipality (eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality) and 10 district municipalities, which are further subdivided into 43 local municipalities.
What are the 11 districts of KZN
- Amajuba District Municipality.
- Ilembe District Municipality.
- Sisonke District Municipality.
- Ugu District Municipality.
- uMkhanyakude District Municipality.
- uMgungundlovu District Municipality.
- uMzinyathi District Municipality.
- Uthukela District Municipality.
How many districts are in eThekwini
The Province of KwaZulu-Natal has 54 Municipalities, which include 10 Districts and 1 Metro (eThekwini).